Friday, February 3, 2012

Humor is in the Eye of the Beholder

My problem is that I think I am really clever. So clever, in fact, that no one actually understands my humor.

I recently sent in an entry to Hallmark. I thought that I would create the next great greeting card. Check out the picture! I am hilarious, right? I was always the brains behind this operation.

When I was young, I had an amazing imagination. I would make up elaborate stories and my sister and I would act them out. Krista always thought I was incredible. She was young and naive. But I, being old and wise, still think I have an imagination of gold. You want puns? I've got plenty. You want irony? Baby, I was born with it. You want double entrendre? Well, you have come to the right place!

In high school, I used to scribble quotes on a notebook. Anything to look like I was deeper than this all girls Catholic high school! And today, at the bar, over several beers, I will provide incredible insight and elaborate humor that I guess is only understandable to yours truly. Because I am funny. I swear. You just don't get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment