Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Photo courtesy of hollywood.com

Remember that book? Alexander had a terrible horrible, no good, very bad day. I used to read it as a child and laugh at poor Alexander and his awful misadventures.

Today I got to live it.

I woke up to the ringing of an alarm. Thought about going to the gym, then decided to stay in bed. Subsequently tossed and turned and couldn't go back to sleep because I was wracked with guilt for skipping the gym. Morning note to self - You're getting fat.

Finally I roll out of bed and pour myself a hot cup of joe. I settle into my chair, turn on my computer, and  boom! With no warning, hard drive crash. This resulted in a day long phone call with IT, running diagnostic tests on my laptop. It was really shaping up to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

It rained all day. The dark skies matched my dark mood, which was a blessing in disguise. When the birds are chirping merrily and the skies are blue, but you are in a funk, the beauty of the day becomes a mockery.

I closed out the day with a confusing and uncomfortable talk with the boss man. I cried to my husband who is traveling for work and a million miles away. He is no good on the phone. I hung up feeling worse.

If only I were Alexander. I could close the book on my terrible horrible, no good, very bad day. Instead, I have tomorrow to make into an awesome, wonderful, super good, very nice day. Here's hoping.






No comments:

Post a Comment