Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

As you may have read in The Coffee Cup Caper, my husband is a bit of a hoarder. Hoarding conjures up images of piles of junk items stashed and stacked all over the house. Thanks to yours truly, Mr. Greene's hoarding has not been permitted to escalate to emergency situation standards. Buuuut....I do find very strange things in very strange places.

Like today. I found a pair of pajama pants for which he has been searching fruitlessly. In a bush. In our front yard. Of course.

This pants situation baffled me. Since the husband wasn't around to interrogate, I turned to the besties. Thus this mystery became the sisterhood of the traveling pants.

Why on earth, I asked, would one put a pair of pants, pajama pants no less, into a bush in the front yard? Well, perhaps it was a treasure hunt, said one friend. Interesting. We are nearing Easter, so perhaps this is a Greene version of an Easter egg hunt? Said the same friend, it could be a cut and dry case of pants trying to escape! Hmmm...And just what could the pants have seen that would make them fly the coop? I won't ask.

This mystery proved to be helpful to another friend. She had lost her yoga pants and didn't even think to look in the yard! That husband of mine...always so helpful to others in their times of need.

And yet another friend sent encouraging words about the joys of gardening, for oh, the things you can find! Thanks friend...But I still hate doing the "boy" jobs Mr. Greene once did before he joined the dark side of 80 hour work weeks. No matter how cool I try to make it, yard work makes me itchy and irritated. And, quite honestly, confused, now that I've found pajama pants in the planter box.




No comments:

Post a Comment