Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lollipops & Arugula

Mr. Greene has been traveling all week for work. We are probably the worst couple ever when it comes to talking on the phone. By the time he calls in the evening, he has been working for 13 + hours and the last thing he wants to do is dive into all of my innermost feelings about my day. Being a sensitive and intuitive Virgo, all I want to do is discuss and dissect all the happenings of the day. But last night our conversation went a little like this:

JayGee called very excited about this wonderful dinner he had just gone to for their last day on this particular job. "Babe!" he exclaimed. "Have you ever heard of a tapas bar?"

Have I ever heard of a tapas bar? Well yes, honey, I sure have. I believe I have been asking you to take me out on a date to a particular tapas bar for months. But that's neither here nor there.

He started excitedly listing all of the different appetizers they tried: noodles with fish, beet salad with arugula, something they call the Lollipop...

Whoa whoa whoa! Hold on just a minute here. Up until this point, I had been half listening, interjecting with the occasional ummmhmmm, the obligatory oh yum, blah blah blah. But when he brought up the Lollipop, I certainly would not be the astute observer I am if I did not ask the obvious.

"Sweetie," I began. Now how do I put this delicately? Considering that tact and restraint have never been my strengths, I threw all discretion to the wind and just said it. "Judging from your appetizers, I am certain that by tapas bar you most definitely meant to say topless bar, and Lollipop was no appetizer!"

He responded, "You're right! And that was no beet salad with arugula. What I meant to say was that when Lollipop gave me a lap dance, I shouted ARUGULA!"

And THAT is why I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment