Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh Un-holy Night

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas yesterday! The hubs and I were giddy on Christmas Eve. Santa had brought Thumbalina her very own Fisher Price Rainforest Jumparoo and we just knew she was going to love it. We got her down to sleep around 9pm and proceeded to put on our elf outfits, pour ourselves a drink, and began assembling her shiny new toy. We were so excited that we didn't even mind when Thumbalina woke up at 10pm.

We scratched our heads in confusion when she woke up again at 11.

We laughed it off as too much Santa anticipation when she awoke yet again at midnight.

Nothing was funny when she cried at 1am.

I may have had homicidal thoughts as the hubs slept through her screeching at 2am.

I most definitely wanted to kill him when he rolled over and continued snoring as I fed her at 3am.

I furiously scratched Thumbalina's name off of the nice list and rewrote her name in capital letters on the naughty list at 4am.

At 5am I almost started crying right along with her.

And finally, at 6am I karate chopped my husband and furiously whispered that if he didn't take the little one downstairs and let me sleep, he would most definitely NOT be getting the awesome Thermos I bought him for Christmas. I sure showed him.

Finally, I got two hours of much needed sleep, woke up feeling like perhaps I had hit the eggnog a little too hard the night before, grumbled like the Grinch as I rolled out of bed, did a double take at my bed head in the mirror and reminded myself that maybe we shouldn't record Thumbalina's first Christmas.

As I stumbled down the stairs to start the little one's very first Christmas day, my husband wisely met me at the bottom with a steaming cup of hot, caffeinated, life giving coffee. My sleep deprived fog began to disappear and, as all mothers must do at some point, I forgot about the baby terror tactics the little one had used last night to break me and enjoyed our very first Christmas as a family of three.

Christmas Morning - Before & After
What I want the world to see, and what actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment